He's the new owner of my Civic, and he's going to be driving it back to Arkansas. I can't say I'm sad about having a new car, but I'll miss my Civic. He's been good to me since 2003. It was April, and I had just turned 18. I was going to graduate from high school soon. I was at a stake dance in Little Rock, and my parents drove it up and surprised me with it (they had talked about getting it, but I didn't know it would be that day). I got to drive it home in the pouring rain (it kinda made me nervous with a brand new car). I gave Amanda Babcock a ride home. I had a 92 Civic before that, which was a hand-me-down from my dad. I was so excited to get a car that had never been used.
About a month later, Brock came to Conway for Jared and Anya Crace's wedding reception. We hadn't ever spoken to each other before. I wanted to ride with Brock somewhere in his car, so I let Celeste drive my brand new Civic. I was really nervous about that, even though she was only driving it a few blocks away.
7 months after that, my dad and I drove my Civic to Provo. The engine was pretty weak on those mountain roads, and the snow made us a little nervous, but it got us there safely.
I drove it back and forth across Provo for the next 4 months to visit Brock. I'm not sure why Brock helped me find an apartment so far away from his. I tease him that it was because he didn't want me too close in case it didn't work out. ;) Actually, he said he wanted me to live south of campus, so I could get the BYU experience. Plus apartments were much cheaper over there.
After we got married, Brock got rid of his car, and we just had my little blue Civic. (We had a motorcycle too.) When Brock got his truck and started working in Pleasant Grove, gas prices went way high (well, what we thought was high back then). He didn't want to drive the truck to Pleasant Grove, so he started driving the Civic every day. One day on I15, a semi threw a rock at the front of the car and made some dents and scratches on the hood. Brock bought some touch up paint and did the best repair he could. Adam helped with it when he came to visit.
That car has been driven from Arkansas to Utah, from Utah to Texas, and from Texas to Kentucky...back to Texas...and back to Kentucky again....packed full of stuff each time.
Brock has taken such good care of it. He cleans the interior regularly, and always keeps up with the maintenance.
Brock has taken such good care of it. He cleans the interior regularly, and always keeps up with the maintenance.
Blue has been parked in our garage for 2 weeks now, and I haven't felt sad yet. After typing this blog post, I'm starting to think I might miss him a little. I hope it's a good car for Adam. I remember he didn't like it much when I first got it. He was 16, and he had something against brand new cars. He liked the idea of getting old or damaged cars so he could fix them up. I guess he still kind of feels that way, but now my brand new car is 6 years old.
1 comment:
Now I know...I left a facebook comment wondering about you getting a new car. :) I can see you being sad about it, with all those memories! Yay for a new car to make memories in w/ Baby Pierce.
Post a Comment