3/3/09

It's about time...

I told you on January 12th that I got released from my calling as primary chorister (song leader for the kids at church). Well, I did the job for 6 weeks after that. February 22nd was finally my last Sunday. I didn't even know it though until after the fact, so I didn't even get to enjoy my last week knowing that I wouldn't be doing it again. I make it sound like I didn't enjoy it, but I really did. I loved it! I just didn't like that I thought I was going to be done a long time ago and then I had to keep doing it for 6 weeks. Plus, I had added responsibilities with my new calling as primary secretary. What I'm trying to say is... it's about time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Primary chorister is such an important calling. It's an opportunity to teach the kids about our Heavenly Father and Jesus. I've noticed some choristers show pictures and teach the meaning of the song. Others I see just get up there and don't really teach anything. They just have the kids sing the words without teaching the children anything about the gospel. So sad. Growing up it was my favorite part of Primary. As an adult (primary teacher) it is too.

Martindale News said...

I agree, with Tammy, It is the most important part of Primary. Most of us don't recall or remember what is taught in the lessons each week, but when we sing the songs for the rest of our lives, we feel the spirit and the teaching of those lessons come to mind again and it doesn't matter how old we are. It is the most important calling in Primary and the church makes it easy by having a training video in every library, a Stake primary trainer and the church has exactly how to teach the song of the month on every Friend issue. How easy can that be? added with the spirit to teach and the experience is marvelous! Love that calling nothing can impact those children more. Glad you had that experience!