2/28/09

35 weeks.

I went to the doctor yesterday. He told me again that he thinks Pierce is going to be a big boy. I asked him if he'll be bigger than 8 lbs and he said oh yeah. Then I asked him if he'll be more than 9 lbs, and he said probably close to that. The thing that makes me worried though is that when I was first pregnant, he told us that with taller women, the predicted birth weight is often underestimated. So if that's the case, I wonder if he's trying to compensate for that or if he's underestimating it and I'm going to actually have a 10 lb baby. What I'm hoping is that the due date is off by a week or more and Pierce will come early and be average sized. The doctor also thinks he's tall because his head is low but my uterus is still measuring long. On top of that, he thinks it feels like the baby has a good sized head. I'm not sure how he can tell that. I definitely hope this all means that my due date is later than it should be. He said that he was confident I could handle this because the baby has had no problem getting down into my pelvis already, but I may need an episiotomy. That does not sound pleasant at all, but I guess I'll live. Unfortunately my doctor is going to be out of town from the 17th to the 22nd. That'd be a little annoying if Pierce decided to come then, but I'd be okay with it. It's not like the doctor does that much anyway.

Okay, so besides the worry of having a big baby...which I'm really not THAT worried about, I've been feeling fine. I'm getting more sore and uncomfortable that's for sure. I had to sleep in our guest bed one night this week because I couldn't fall asleep without watching tv. My mind was racing for some reason. Maybe because I ate grapes at bedtime. I've been much more hungry lately. I wake up in the middle of the night starving. Pierce is pushing on my pelvis a lot, but it doesn't bother me. No pain, just pressure like someone's trying to stretch me out...which is exactly the case. I've been trying to drink more water which means more time in the bathroom. It's all good though. I hope every pregnancy I have is as easy as this one has been. I could probably have 10 kids...haha. Well, I haven't experienced labor and delivery yet. Plus, I'd have to raise them all too, so we'll see how I feel about that later. :)

5 comments:

Victoria said...

ok-so the pressure and stretching you feel, mutiply by 100 and that is labor. Your body feels like it is going to tear apart. I was terrible in labor. I think the whole hospital heard me scream, and I was in labor for 36 hours! ouch!

Victoria said...

ok-so the pressure and stretching you feel, mutiply by 100 and that is labor. Your body feels like it is going to tear apart. I was terrible in labor. I think the whole hospital heard me scream, and I was in labor for 36 hours! ouch!

Our Happy Family said...

I have never been in labor so I can't prepare you on what that will feel like. I'm sure right now you don't want to hear any horror stories, so no worry about that from me. I will tell you that Baylee's birth mom said the same thing as you about her pregnancy. She said she did really good during the whole 9 months and felt really good. She said she could have lots of babies if all pregnancies were like that, she also said labor was not bad at all for her. Once they give you the epidural it's a breeze after that. See I had no scary stories for you, :)
You'll do good!!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey Britney!!! It is good to know how you guys are doing--I am glad I found your blog!!! So we just had a baby boy less than one month ago and let me tell you what, he was 10 lbs 11 oz! I was 1 week late...Nobody expected him to be so big, but we should have figured, since my belly was HUGE! I had a great pregnancy and the labor and delivery was not bad at all! So don't worry to much that he is big...you can totally handle it!!! Plus, Jace is a great baby and he basically sleeps through the night--big babies rock! :)

Amy said...

I had a great labor and delivery! I tore, but the healing for that was no big deal. Stephen delivered Sam, while the doc instructed him on what to do. It was actually a lot of fun now that I think of it, lol!