2/3/09

Everything

Here's a shelf in our office that Brock decorated. On the left is an eagle that we bought as a souvenir in Washington DC. I believe the flag was flown over the US Capitol on the day that Brock got his Eagle award in Boy Scouts. Brock made the shadow box in the middle and filled it with pins from Boy Scouts. (He bought the box and added the foam and black velvet on his own.) The next item is his missionary plaque. The last one is just a little globe that we've had for a while, no significance. He's good at decorating. Just so you know, he wanted to display some of my stuff too, but I didn't want to.
Here's our new king bed. The headboard is completely unattached, but the mattress is so heavy pressed up against it that it's not going anywhere.
We had a lot of snow and ice last week. Here's a picture I took the night the ice came through. You can see how slick the road is. It had already snowed a few inches before the ice came, and then it snowed more the next day, so there were layers of snow and ice on everything. Fortunately, we only lost our power for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I was really concerned because I remember an ice storm we had in Arkansas where we lost power for a few days, and I didn't want that to happen to us. I'm sorry to those of you who weren't so lucky this time.
The ice made shoveling a lot harder.
Our little tree was bent.
Brock thought it was fun to throw snow on the bushes and watch pieces of them bend and break. Now that most of the ice is gone, our bushes look ridiculous.
He's so funny. You can see our new tiny computer in the background. It was a gift from my parents for Christmas. I wish I had one in college. It's so light and easy to carry around, not to mention relatively inexpensive.
We finally got our glider and ottoman from Babies R Us after 12 weeks of waiting. We purchased it on November 7th. We both love it. It's taller and wider than most of the other chairs they sell. It's so comfortable too. We have it in our bedroom right now, and I've been sitting in it a lot. The only slightly annoying thing is that it's too big to fit through our doors, so if we want to move it to another room, we have to take it apart and put it back together. It only has 4 screws though, so it's not too bad. Here's Brock relaxing in it after a long day of work at Dunder Mifflin.
I keep saying I want to wait until the room is completely finished before I post pictures again, but it's almost there, and I'm not sure about the last thing I have in mind. I want to make some vinyl lettering with my new Cricut to go above the crib, but I only have brown vinyl right now, and I'm not sure if I want to use it or order a different color. I also haven't quite decided what it will say. Other than that though, this room is done. It totally looks like an ad for the Cocalo Scooter set. Thanks to Brock's family, we basically have everything from the set except for 2 or 3 things. This is perfect for Brock because he loves things to match. I didn't really want to do the border at first because I thought it might be too much, but it turned out well. I think it's all cute. Brock is so good at stuff like this that we managed to put the border around the entire room in one continuous piece (except for when there was a door or window of course). We only had a couple of inches to spare, and we were very efficient with it.



Here's our new elliptical. It's a Horizon SXE 7.7, I believe. It's been good to us so far.
Here's the latest picture of my craft room. I try to keep everything organized in there. We borrowed the tv from our guest room, but at some point this month, we'll be getting a new one for my birthday. It'll be a small flat screen LCD that we'll mount on the wall.

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

The baby room looks sooo cute! And I don't think the border was too much- it looks adorable! You should check out some of the vinyl lettering sites- most of the ones I've been to have quote sections that might help you decide what to do. You may have already done that but thought I would throw it out there just in case! :)

Patrick & Amber said...

The room is so cute, I love it!

allie said...

What a cute baby room! How exciting that you only have 2 months left. It'll go by so fast!

Amy said...

nice Cricut Brittney. I didnt know you scrapbooked...You'll have fun doing all those baby photos :)