2/6/09

32 weeks.

This picture was taken and added Sunday, February 8th.

I went to the doctor this morning. I was totally wrong about Pierce's position. Well, I was right about him being head down...but he's facing left not right. I guess what I thought was his butt are his knees. He apparently likes to kick behind himself because I always feel his feet on my right side. The doctor said he could feel his head really well. I told Brock I was going to try to feel it when I went home, and he got worried that it was going to hurt Pierce if we squeezed his head too much. I asked Brock if it hurts when his head gets squeezed and he said yes, so I guess I'll be careful with the baby's head in case he takes after Brock...haha. The doctor predicted Pierce will be between 8 and 8.5 lbs at birth. We'll see about that. He said I've gained a little more weight than recommended, but I don't agree. I've weighed myself regularly all along, and I haven't gained as much weight as he says I have. I think it may be because I had lost a few pounds before I went to the doctor for the first time, so they think my starting weight is lower. Either way, I've gained well under 30 lbs so far, and I don't think that's bad at all. I go back in 3 weeks and then I go every 2 weeks after that. Hopefully he can give me an idea next time if he thinks the baby will come earlier or later than my due date. I'm still thinking earlier, but you never know, April 2nd may come and go with no baby. That'd be depressing. I've been hoping he comes by March 28th, so I'll probably be sad after that too if there's no baby yet. I started feeling Pierce's hiccups this week. He gets them just about every day.

9 comments:

Tiona said...

I hope he comes on April 1st. I can just picture you trying to tell everybody...

The Crace's said...

Don't listen to your Dr about your weight. My Dr's scale said I gained 10 lbs more than I really did.

Kerstin said...

I totally agree with the above comment to not listen to the dr about your weight. I gained a TON of weight (much more than "recommened") and my dr never once said anything to me about it. You look great! Oh, and they thought Audrey was going to be 8lbs but she was 7lb, 6 oz. They are usually wrong. :)

Katie said...

Okay...so I'm way bigger than you and I've gained more weight. My dr is not worried at all! Oh, and I'm hoping for March 27th...I'll be 37 weeks and Colby is on Spring Break that week. I might go running to induce myself:)!

Celeste and Joe said...

I just hope I look as good as you when I get to be 32 weeks. You look great! Also, I like how long your hair is. It looks good on you. Can't wait to meet baby pierce!

alisha said...

hey prego.

mean doctor! you look ama-za-zing! baby hiccups are so cute. when shelby gets them now, it totally reminds me of those times.

and i guess i should have explained it on the blog: but the town where we live is called dublin. :) it is near san francisco. i mean, i am pretty random just not that random! hee hee. oh btw, i got super excited about that guy on american idol from conway. trevor got annoyed because every time i was like: yay britney!

Anonymous said...

Your weight looks JUST RIGHT, and you look beautiful!

tothe4thfloor said...

I love it when they have the hiccups! It is so funny. And once they are born they will continue to hiccup for awhile. Way cute! I'm so excited for you guys!

Amy said...

you look great Britney! Dont you love being tall? No one can guess how far along you are...lol