Don't worry everyone...I'll make it very obvious when I announce the baby's birth on the blog. I promise to title it "He's Here" or something like that.
I still have a cold. Brock is better now. My leg doesn't hurt anymore, but my foot's really sore for some unknown reason, so I'm still limping around everywhere. I've been having a lot of muscle cramps at the top of my legs (in the groin area and around my backside). Even though I feel crappy now, I guess it's not bad to make it to week 39 with minimal discomfort.
The doctor informed me today that I was 1 cm dilated last week, and now I'm 1.5 cm. It's progress people. My due date is Thursday. If I haven't had the baby by then, I'm going to schedule an induction for the next Thursday, April 9th. If I haven't had him by Monday the 6th, I'll go in for another appointment and non-stress test to see how the baby's doing. Brock is really busy at work until this Wednesday, so he hopes Pierce at least waits until Wednesday night. I don't want Brock to get behind and stressed at work, and I'd like more time to get over my cold before the baby comes, so I guess I'm okay with Wednesday night too. The doctor said he'll probably try to keep me at home for awhile once I start having regular contractions. I have a feeling we'll have a baby by the end of the week. Maybe it's wishful thinking because it's not like I've had any experience with this before, but I just think we're getting close.
Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow, but probably not today since I'm sick.
3/30/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
SO exciting!!! Isn't it weird to know that he could come at anytime now?! Enjoy your last few days of being alone- be lazy, do whatever you want! You'll regret it if you don't! ha ha Can't wait for Pierce to get here!
We missed you Sunday, although I'm sure you were glad to get away from the comments ("What? He's not here yet?!"). :) Hope you get over your cold soon--that and being 39 weeks pregnant is not a fun combo! Take care...we'll be bringing dinner by as soon as your baby arrives.
I was sure Sam would come 3 weeks before his due date! Not so! That´s great that you are progressing though. I was a big, fat zero when it came to being dialated until I was induced. Enjoy your last days without him; he´s a lot easier to tote while he´s still inside.
yay for progress!! I didn't dilate more until they "made" me... I agree, enjoy the time before they come... I didn't because my family kept bothering me to get her out, but relax and do nothing!!! O yeah, and enjoy the time in the hospital too, I miss being in the hospital...
Yay! He's almost here! Good luck!
dude! I'm DYING of excitement... my guess is that you'll start contractions wednesday at 3pm...then we'll have a little Roark by Thursday at the latest!! I really hope you go into labor on April fools cause you can tell people you are in labor and they won't believe you! haha ok, well that actually isn't funny.
Wow, it's getting close! Good luck with everything!
I am so sorry that you're sick. That's not fun at all. I hope everything goes well. Your in my prayers and I can't wait to meet him! I saw Adam for a minute last week:) It made me miss you guys alot.
I had several friends who went into labor while they were sick..lol
hang in there.
Congratulations on the new baby. Can't wait to see his picture, and to think he was born on his grandmother's birthday. Nice birthday present for Tammy!
Sounds like you're about ready! The week before I had Jackson I was SUPER uncomfortable. Lots of weird pains in the groin area. I was SO ready for him to get out. The day of my induction I ended up going into labor on my own.
I hope it happens for you soon!
Post a Comment