3/23/09

38.5 weeks

The doctor said I'm starting to thin and dilate a little. He didn't give specific numbers, so that tells me it's a very tiny bit, but at least we're progressing. The baby has dropped more too. He thinks we should expect him right around my due date (still April 2nd according to him). I don't think we're going to opt for induction until we're a week past the due date with no baby. I'm still feeling really good, so I can wait until the baby's ready. I don't have a lot of aches and pains, and I still sleep well. I was worried that Pierce would get bigger and bigger the longer we waited, but the doctor thinks that his growth will probably slow down around the due date.

We feel completely ready now. We went and got the leftover essentials that were on our registry. We even have the carseat in the car now. The baby's room is ready. Brock is mounting the baby monitor on the wall as we speak (it has a camera so the placement is important). Brock's working from home today because he's sick. I hope I don't catch it because I don't really want to have a cold and have a baby at the same time. I'd like to feel as good as possible before I feel as bad as possible. We're really just waiting now. I'm anxious, but I can wait as long as we need to so this baby's good and ready to come out.

8 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow only 10 days left?! I can count that on both hands! I can't wait until Pierce comes. It's a good thing that you are sleeping well now and enjoying it, because from what I hear, as soon as Pierce gets here you will feel sleep deprived. That's good that you are still sleeping so well, I hope I do. Well just take it easy and relax. Look at it this way, he'll be here before Easter! Now that's soon!

Victoria said...

You look ready! Good Luck! It is scary and exciting and a great adventure!

The Crace's said...

That's great you are ready! I was positive that Owen would be late, but instead he came a few days early. We definitely were not ready!

Amy said...

AHHH!! You´re soooo close! It´s not that bad, really! I do have something for you still I´m just being lazy and not getting around to it. I´ll get it to you shortly; hopefully before Pierce decides to come.

The Johnsons said...

WOW!!! YAY!!! You're so close... I remember when I was like that... that honestly seems so long ago already!!! That was my philosophy... the baby will come when she's ready... boy am I glad we didn't induce. I miss sleep...

Katie said...

I think I'm the only one that's praying my baby comes out early. But, I haven't put the carseat in the car yet!

You look great Britney! I'm glad you're feeling good.

Aubrey said...

Britney, you really do look great. I'm so excited for you guys.

Courtney said...

You look awesome, Britney! I can't wait to see that baby! I know you guys must be so excited. Good luck!