3/9/09

36.5 weeks


I went to the doctor today. The midwife saw me this time. I really like her. I don't dislike my doctor, but I just feel like she spends more time with us answering questions. I'm sure it's because he's more busy than she is. I also like how she answers a lot of questions that I have without me even having to ask them. She doesn't deliver babies though. I'm not dilated at all yet. She said the baby has gotten lower, but he still has more to go. She said he's really filling up all the space in there. She can always tell his position really well, and what she said goes right along with what I was thinking, different from what the doctor has said before. He's facing my right side. I knew that because I always feel his feet sticking out on my right side and kicking my right ribs. There's never anything happening on the left side. I lost one pound since my last appointment. I was having cramps again last night, but I don't know why. She said it could be because the baby is dropping.
This is the 2nd appointment in a row that I saw friends in the waiting room. As many people that I know that go to this doctor, you'd think I'd be seeing friends every time I go there, but it's only been the last 2 times.

I'll be full term on Thursday, and I want Pierce to come soon. Although, any time after the 23rd would be great since the doctor will be back from vacation then. My pregnancy has gone by fast until now. I still need to pack my hospital bag though. I haven't started nesting yet, and I don't think I'm going to. Brock, however, claims that he's now nesting. :) I don't think his behavior is out of the ordinary though. He always likes to get a lot done.
I've been having crazy hot flashes lately. It's so annoying. My body has no idea how to regulate its own temperature anymore. I'm so glad it's not August.

5 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow this is getting really close and really EXCITING!!! I love the weekly updates and photos. I hope he doesn't get much bigger though for your sake. My friend just deliverd her little one last week at 40 weeks 1 day and her baby was only 6lbs.6oz. I couldn't believe it! But it sounds like your doctor is telling you that Pierce is going to be a bit bigger than that. Hope it all goes well! I know it will. :)

The Crace's said...

Pack your bag! I was positive Owen would be a week late, so Jared had to pack my bag in between contractions when Owen came early. Quite the experience!

Our Happy Family said...

I cannot believe you don't have much longer and he will be here. Of course I'm sure for you it seems like forever until he gets here. Do you all have any plans of coming here after he is born?
Your looking so cute pregnant!!!

Anonymous said...

You do look cute! You're almost done! Yay!

alisha said...

and when was Shelby born? august. those hot flashes were killer. trevor got colds from our air conditioning.
you look awesome britney! and btw so excited that conway was kicking butt on american idol! also, pottery barn kids has little boy SUPERMAN sheets, pillows etc. just to let you know......