1/12/09

Relieved

Yesterday I got released as the primary chorister and called to be the primary secretary. I was surprised when they asked me because I wasn't expecting to get released. I was mentally preparing myself to run around singing and dancing for 2 hours every Sunday even with a new baby. I'm so relieved to have a lighter load, but I'm a little sad that I don't get to teach songs anymore. Well, actually I'm not quite done yet. Even though they released me, they haven't replaced me yet, so I'll still be teaching music for at least one more week, and I'm guessing I'll probably get to fill in often after that.

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

You know what's funny is that I was called to be the primary chorister less than a month AFTER Audrey was born. I told them they were crazy! 2 hrs of primary with a nursing baby?? Crazy. I'm glad your ward is smarter than mine. ha ha

Martindale News said...

Primary chorister is my favorite and the best calling ever... You don't do it for the whole two hours just 15 min 2 times and the kids are so cute. I love to hear them sing and teach them new songs. I can totally see you doing that. You will make a great Primary Secretary too that involves more meetings though. That is the calling your mom is pro at too. You would do well anywhere they put you. Good for you!

Britney said...

Yeah I liked being the chorister for the last year, but in our ward it's a lot more than 30 minutes of work. I get a 20 minute break after sacrament, but then I teach jr. primary singing from 10:40-11:00, then sr. primary singing from 11:00-11:20. Then I do music with the nursery from 11:20-11:40. Then we have closing exercises from 11:40-12:00 which involves a lot of singing. So it's really just an hour and 20 minutes, but still. It has been exhausting enough to do while pregnant. Secretary is a good amount of work too, but it can mostly be done at home. I'm really glad about the change.

Katie said...

I'm not sure how I'm going to be Primary Pianist and have a newborn. Right now its great b/c I just sit there the whole time. And our ward mixes singing time with sharing time, so its the whole 2 hours (or however long it is, it feels like 4).

That'll be nice that you can have flexibility on Sundays.