10/24/08

17 weeks.


The more pictures I take, the harder it gets to make every picture look the same. Now I realize why everyone puts their hands on their bellies when they take pregnant pictures. I took some without my hand there, and since my shirt isn't as tight as the ones I wore for the last 2 pictures, I just looked like a big blob in the front. I never knew why people did that, but I guess it's to accentuate the belly. I feel like I've grown a ton, but it doesn't look as big as I feel.
I bought some maternity clothes at Old Navy this week. I kept putting it off because I thought maternity clothes would be too baggy, but since they're stretchy, they fit now and they'll grow with me. None of the clothes I'm wearing in this picture are maternity though.

I'm over my sinus infection now except for coughing. The doctor prescribed me amoxicillin. We were a little worried because Brock thought he was allergic to it and we thought it might negatively affect the baby, but it turns out he's not. He's just allergic to erythromycin (I think I got the spelling right this time). I finally told him to ask his mom, although I had already made the embarrassing after hours emergency line call to the doctor to ask him about it.

The biggest thing that happened this week is I started to feel the baby move! The first time I felt it was Wednesday morning, but I felt it a lot throughout the night last night. It's definitely not strong enough to keep me up or wake me up, but since I wake up several times each night anyway, I know it was moving a lot. Brock is sad that he can't feel it yet.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Maternity clothes were hard to give up after I wasn't pregnant anymore...When I first put on jeans without a stretchy waistband I thought I was going to suffocate!

So if your baby has any sense of humor, his/her first april fool's joke on you should be to come a day late.

Aubrey said...

It was great hanging out with you guys on Friday. Could you send me the pictures? I'm so gonna blog them :) Thanks

tammy said...

erythromycin---you're getting closer.